Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

macro execution within server environment and how's showed in AccessPoint

Hi all,

I have a theoretical question involving Access Point and macros executed on the back-end server within two QV documents hosted in it.

In my local machine I have two QV documents in the same directory: QV1, which has a button that triggers a macro that opens QV2 and, at the same time, changes the value for a common variable (vProcedencia) in both documents. The points is that QV2 updates this variable’s value by the macro executed from QV1.

This is the macro triggered from QV1’s button and works fine in my local environment:

sub OpenDoc

set App = ActiveDocument.GetApplication

set newdoc = App.OpenDoc(".\QV2.qvw")

Set v = ActiveDocument.Variables("vProcedencia")

Set v2 = newDoc.Variables("vProcedencia")

v2.SetContent v.GetContent.String, true   

end sub

My questions is if it is possible that this behaviour would be reproduced in AccessPoint as well, and, in positive case, I’d like to know the considerations I would have to take into account in order to achieve this result.

Thanks in advanced and regards,

Beatriz

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend looking at the Open QlikView Document Action instead of the macro.  You will find further information in the online help of the Developer client or go to section 39.3 Actions in the client Reference Manual and browse to the External actions.  Best idea of which I can think to try to do things via the AccessPoint, hopefully you can get it working this way.

Regards,

Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Instead of Macro to perform this activity go for open Qlikview Document or open URL Action.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brett, Ashfaq,

Thanks for you quick reply.

I've already thought about other external actions such as "open QV document" or "open URL"...

My concern is how I could ensure that not only the QV2 is open when launching the button's action but also transferring the variable 's value successfully.

Could I get this result in AccessPoint as I've made in my local environment?

Thanks again, every comment is appreciated.

Beatriz

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

In qv2 for you can use on open trigger to set variable or filters.

Regards

Ashfaq

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please note that per the documentation, the Ajax client does not support the use of the OnOpen trigger, so the above is not good advice, even though it may not work, this will not be supported by R&D. 

That being said, the Open QlikView Document supports Transfer State option, so I would suggest you review the Help related to the actions to be sure you have fully researched things here and try a few things to see what works etc.

The Open URL could be another option in which case I would check out the following regarding parameters for the OpenDoc URL: URL Composer = compute an Access-Point link and pass selection values, open sheets etc.

Regards,

Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Why not do document chaining?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

I have suggested open url and open qlikview application (in my first go).

We can even set open trigger to select a field and upon selecting that field you can set variables.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Ashfaq,

OnOpen Trigger is not supported in AJAX, see Brett's post.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.