Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Login Access without Windows AD

Hey there

I've successfully installed the Qlik Sense Server on Windows 8  and now I like to create Login Access for a specific group.

I'm wondering if theres another way to make an autentication without the use of the Windows AD?

Thanks & Regards

Sarah

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There are two solutions to this, depending on your environment and your deployment plans.

The easiest way is to restrict access to Qlik Sense for the group by authorization, instead of authentication. This is solved using the rules engine in the QMC. This way of solving it does however require a working AD in your network.

The not-as-easy way is to create your own authentication module and hook it up to a suitable way of verifying your groups credentials. For this you would need to read the proxy API: http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/developer/#../Subsystems/Qlik_Sense_Proxy_Service_API/Content/QPS%2...

Within it, focus on the authentication api: http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/developer/#../Subsystems/Qlik_Sense_Proxy_Service_API/Content/QPS%2...

Once you are up to speed with the APIs, create an authentication program and link it to a virtual proxy in the QMC.

Regards,

Magnus.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sarah -

Please check out this video for the current supported configurations around authentication and authorization:

New to Qlik Sense Server Videos

Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console User Directory Connector - Part 5

Out of the box authentication is defaulted to windows integrated security - either local to the machine that QS is installed on, or via the Windows Domain. Other authentication is possible, but provides additional configuration or possibly custom modules .. at the moment. Our team is researching and improving this for the future. Please see this documentation as well to learn more:

Authentication Solutions

Be sure to check the other links and sub-topics too.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sarah - do you still require assistance with this?

Please let us know.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hey Michael

Thank you for the response.

I've allready read/seen the mentioned videos/text before.

Now I know theoretical how it works, but I can't implement it.

E.g. the ticket solutions, how can I create this kind of tickets?

Regards

Sarah

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There are two solutions to this, depending on your environment and your deployment plans.

The easiest way is to restrict access to Qlik Sense for the group by authorization, instead of authentication. This is solved using the rules engine in the QMC. This way of solving it does however require a working AD in your network.

The not-as-easy way is to create your own authentication module and hook it up to a suitable way of verifying your groups credentials. For this you would need to read the proxy API: http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/developer/#../Subsystems/Qlik_Sense_Proxy_Service_API/Content/QPS%2...

Within it, focus on the authentication api: http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/developer/#../Subsystems/Qlik_Sense_Proxy_Service_API/Content/QPS%2...

Once you are up to speed with the APIs, create an authentication program and link it to a virtual proxy in the QMC.

Regards,

Magnus.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response. Now I know enough to consider with concept I'm going to use.

syed_khadir
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi mto,

I hope you are doing good!!

Since this post is of 2015, Do we have a user friendly way of restricting the AD users login in to Qlik Sense as they are part of AD this is a critical challenge for us.

Note: The links which was mentioned in your post aren't working.

Looking forward for your reply. Thank you!!

Regards,

Syed.