Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load multiple qvd dependencies files from one qvw

Hello wonderful community,

I have a qvw document which has 10 dependent QVDs. Rather than create 10 taks in QMC, is there a way to create one task that will load all dependencies?

I know I can create tasks that will run upon the successful completion of another task but this is still clunky and clogs up the QMC task list.

In development my solution was to simply create a batch file that reloads all dependencies, I was thinking of executing a batch file from within a qvw but I am sure the community can come up with a more elegant solution than that??

Thanks lovely people

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi all

Disappointing response so far guys, have to be honest 😞 (that’s a sad face right there)

The best solution i have come up with so far is to fire off execute statements like so:

EXECUTE c:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe /r c:\reports\reloadtest.qvw

The reload works fine in desktop mode, however, when run via a distribution task the load fails. Each dependent qvw file just hangs.

Any ideas most welcome guys.

L for love

paputzback
Contributor III
Contributor III

No response?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew,

You have at the moment 10 seperate qvw's each generating just one QVD?

Is there a reason why you cannot create a single QVD builder QVW  for all 10 of the required QVD creation?

Or at the very least group up some of the QVD's into common qvd builders.

One qvw for all fact QVD's, one qvw for dimension QVD's

Joe

paputzback
Contributor III
Contributor III

Joe,

What happens when one QVD fails out of many in a builder. If you rerun the QVD generator does it know which QVDs were already ran? Is there a best practice for how many QVDs should run at once? And I can't remember if the scripts run sequentially in a QVD Generation app. We took training a few months ago and then started work on the data warehouse and are several months away from getting to the QVD side of the project. Once of those cart before the horse plans.