Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting in a bar chart

Hi All ,

i have a trend graph on a bar chart , were i am uploading 3 months of data . i would like to sort data on the basis of last uploaded month data.

for example : i am uploading data for october , november and decemeber . now i need to sort data on the basis of december data and i need to show respective november and october months data .

hope this information helps.

23 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sort by numeric value descending

Not applicable
Author

i am not getting the right answer when i sort by numeric value . let me more clear .

i have two dimenions . product and month and expression is count of product . i am also following up with an example . i need my chart to display exactly like the one in below graph which i created in excel

OctNovDec
A551060
C122245
B152030
D801020
E2010010

Capture1.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

PFA

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Capture1.PNGas far as i see , the qvw file which you sent . the sort is done on state = ascending order . but i dont see my data is sorting still on basis of highest last uploaded month(December highest number ).

please check the picture which i presented here

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Make a variable to store the value of the latest month. lets say december. Then use this expression in sort by expression set to descending value for Product.

=Count({<Month field name= {"$(Variable name"}>}Product)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi adithya,

Check this

Not applicable
Author

hi vignesh , could you please  just give me the sorting expression or the logic . i dont have a licenced version

Not applicable
Author

i utkarsh i created a variable using vmonth= Month(AddMonths(Today(),-1))  and i am getting month has dec , but when i am giving in the expression i am not getting the right value

if i am right , i used that sorted expression in expression tab , if the expression i am using is right

=Count({<Month field name= {"$(vmonth"}>}Product) , i should get only december month data right ?

please correct me if i am wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Count({<Month field name= {"$(vmonth)"}>}Product)

You missed a bracket there (after vmonth)