Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New to Qlikview - whats the best way to learn to use it?

hi, i am an information analyst in the NHS working in london.

i have been given the task of possibly migrating our ms excel finance/activity reports into Qlikview, however i have no experience using Qlikview.

Where you you recommend i start? Can i access the free e-learning training and are there any books i can purchase?

Regards

jason

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

If you have installed QV on your machine u can go to the drive where it is installed like "C:\Program Files\QlikView" .You will find sample applications and pdf of QV.

Regards,

Ravi

Not applicable
Author

Jason,

Do the tutorial.

Install Qlikview, making sure you check the box for 'Complete Installation'. This will install the Tutorial components.

Go to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Tutorial and open the file 'Qlikview Tutorial.pdf'. Follow the instructions and you are away!

After the tutorial, start building your own applications, referring to the Reference Manual (C:\Program Files\QlikView\Documentation\Qlikview Reference Manual.pdf) to increase your understanding of scripting methods, functions, sheet objects and other areas. It is also a pretty good idea to look at some of the sample applications, as Ravi has suggested. This is a good way to pick up 'best practice' modelling methods.

Good luck.