Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beanmachine
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Full Browser Version Session Recovery in QV Server v11

Hi All

We have a server running v11 (11.0.11271.0) and users using the Full Browser Version (AJAX) on IE.

When a user makes a selection in a document, returns to the Access Point, then reopens the document again, it remembers the selection, for the term of the browser session.  According to the release notes this is a new feature called 'Session Recovery'.  We would like to switch this off, so the behaviour is the same as the IE Plugin, ie. it forgets the selections when you exit the document.

The documentation says this can be done with the setting as follows:

System > Setup > QlikView Servers > Documents > Allow Session Collaboration - unticked  (ticked by default)

I have tested this and it seems not to change the functionality at all.  That is, whether the above is ticked or unticked it always remembers the users selections  while the browser is open.

I did press 'Apply' when I changed the 'Allow Session Collaboration' and I did close the browser and reopen it between tests.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks

beanmachine

12 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Miguel,

Is there a way to disable session recovery for a particular document and keeping it on for all other documents >>

Regards,

Rohan

Not applicable

Hi Miguel,

Is there a way to disable session recovery for a particular document and keeping it on for all other documents ??

Regards,

Rohan

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

No, this is not possible.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.