Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change 'no data to display' error message if two expressions

Hello,

I understand the 'No data to display' error message can be changed by entering a chart expression into the 'Calculation Condition' field on a chart's General tab and then amending the error message associated with 'Calculation condition unfilled'.

My chart uses two expressions. Would it be possible to achieve this by joining the two expressions, possibly with AND or OR?

=if(GetSelectedCount(%Market)=1,sum([Actual Volume (HL) W+1])/MostRecentYear_TotalVol)

=if(GetSelectedCount(%Market)=1,sum([TotalGM_perSKU])/MostRecentYear_TotalGM)

Thanks for your help!

Mel

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

=(sum(aggr( ...expression1 ..., ChartDimA, ChartDimB, ..., ChartDimX))) OR (sum(aggr( ...expression2 ..., ChartDimA, ChartDimB, ..., ChartDimX)))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

ah - yes, then I know. I have looked just now and not found the "No data" one, but there is a button "error messages" on the "General" tab of the dialog of the object in question. If you go the way via the calculation condition, that one ("calculation condition not fulfilled") is in the list all right.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks very much for this.

I've tried the following (2 expressions, 1 dimension) but with no success yet.

=(sum(aggr(if(GetSelectedCount(%Market)=1,sum([Actual Volume (HL) W+1])/MostRecentYear_TotalVol)

, Dual([SKU Description],%SKU))))

OR

(sum(aggr(if(GetSelectedCount(%Market)=1,sum([TotalGM_perSKU])/MostRecentYear_TotalGM)

, Dual([SKU Description],%SKU))))

Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

Mel

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Maybe the attached example helps. If not, try posting a qlikview document that demonstrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand