Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jansen28
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview log analyser

Hi Forum folks!

The problem we are facing in log file is that, if Qlikview document is having large amount of load script, it is currently difficult to find how much time each piece of the load script is taking time in document logs.

To resolve this we are plannig to implement a solution called "Document log analyser" which will analyse a set of qlikview document logs and capture the execution duration of each script statement in a reload.

Is there any keyword search in qlikivew where I could search for all keywords "loads" and "fields found" and extract that particular line and store it in a file. then compare 1st row and 2nd row and store the difference between separately....

Is this possible to do in qlikview? if yes, How to achieve it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

21 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It still works with logs generated in the QVS document root.

Can you post a screenshot of the directory with the logs? Please include the full file name (including extensions).

darrellbutler
Creator
Creator

Hi Peter,

Here goes

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks for sorting this out Peter! I've posted an updated V1.3 at the above link that fixes the script error when no logs are found.

It still won't load QDS logs, because as you pointed the format is different. It could be made to do that, I may include that in a future update.

-Rob

jansen28
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

All, Thanks for you valuable reply:)

My special thanks to

Not applicable

Hello all,

what is the reload time for this application?

Do you know what is the issue?

Mine is still loading, and it already passed the 40m minute mark.

See the screenshot.

Best regards

darrellbutler
Creator
Creator

Nemanja,

I guess this depends on the number of log files you're loading into the app, I tried it with several and it did take some time. There's a fair bit of meaty code in this app !

I use this on an individual app basis to root cause performance issues, I don't load several logs from several applications - depends what issue you're trying to resolve I suppose.

What's happening on  your QV server ? is there plenty of spare capacity ?

Regards

Darrell

Not applicable

Hi there,

so the issue is with the amount of data that is being loaded.

Thanks for the info.

Best regards,

Nemanja

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The screenshot you posted shows only one second of elapsed time. Is that the way the screen stays?

My best guess is that you have not given a valid path in the config and that it is scanning the entire disk. Is that possible?

-Rob

Not applicable

Hello Rod,

the screen stayed like that for a long time.

But now I figured out the issue, and everything is working as intended.

Best regards

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you tell us what the issue was?

Rob