Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sence ODBC Data Connection security

Hello,

I created a QS app with ODBC connection and I want to share this app through mail, with one of my colleague who have same ODBC access. If I mail the app this way, is receiver able to see my ODBC credentials?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Guruprem,

You might also want to take a look at the Qlik Cloud Sharing Service - a free approach to sharing a read only  / interact only version of your Qlik Sebse Desktop app via the internet.

Welcome to Sense Sharing on Qlik Cloud Beta

Here is a video which also shows you how to simply share a Qlik Sense app:

Qlik Sense Desktop - Sharing Apps (video)

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, he will not see your ODBC credentials.

It would be recommended to contain the app by simply granting him suitable read access in the hub.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Guruprem,

You might also want to take a look at the Qlik Cloud Sharing Service - a free approach to sharing a read only  / interact only version of your Qlik Sebse Desktop app via the internet.

Welcome to Sense Sharing on Qlik Cloud Beta

Here is a video which also shows you how to simply share a Qlik Sense app:

Qlik Sense Desktop - Sharing Apps (video)

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik