Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QMC does not trigger application

Hi

i have a strange Situation. an application runs perfectly directly when i reload it from the application, but when i do that from the QMC, it does not work and always Shows the failed cross.

do you have any idea why is this Happening? i cannot read anything from the logs

thanks

felipe

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Do you have a document log enabled for this qvw? Make sure "Generate Logfile" is enabled in Document Properties, General.

The document log will be created in the same folder as the qvw and will be named "myapp.qvw.log"

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to read the log to find the reason.

Typically it is the lack of permissions of the QV services account, but there could be something else.

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi thanks

i got this  error message:

Error: SQL##f - SqlState: IM002, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

We are migrating applications from a QV Server with Version QVS11.2 SR5 on it to a new Environment using QVS 11.2 SR8

I am not sure if the Drivers installed on the new Environment are the same, but, could this be the cause of the Problem?

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using ODBC?  Make sure to create system ODBC with the DSN same is in the previous environment.  If you don't have the drivers, you'll notice it while trying to create ODBC DSN.

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I sent the logs to the IT, they will check the Driver and permissions. I think the later is the Problem, i have no more admin rights

thanks for the help