Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevegimbrollmt
Creator II
Creator II

QVWebServer service not starting after upgrading to SR9!

After upgrading to SR9 the QVWebServer is not restarting and receiving this msg

The service is saying: The Qlikview Webserver service on Local Computer  started and then stopped.  Some services stop automatically if they are not in user by services and programs

The Event logger gives these messages:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. || at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) || at PIX.QVWebServer.QvWebServerConfig.SanitizeLogoutFile() || at PIX.QVWebServer.QvWebServerConfig.ReadXml(XmlReader reader) || at PIX.QVWebServer.QvWebServerConfig..ctor(XmlReader reader) || at QlikView.AccessPoint.Settings.LoadConfigData() || at QlikView.AccessPoint.HttpServiceComponent.Init(String[] args) || at QlikView.AccessPoint.HttpServiceComponent.Start(String[] args)

Service cannot be started. System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at PIX.QVWebServer.QvWebServerConfig.SanitizeLogoutFile() at PIX.QVWebServer.QvWebServerConfig.ReadXml(XmlReader reader) at PIX.QVWebServer.QvWebServerConfig..ctor(XmlReader reader) at QlikView.AccessPoint.Settings.LoadConfigData() at QlikView.AccessPoint.HttpServiceComponent.Init(String[] args) at QlikView.AccessPoint.HttpServiceComponent.Start(String[] args) at QlikView.AccessPoint.AccessPointServer.OnStart(String[] args) at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

I do believe it's the QLIKVIEW root folder that is missing. Since you can't get Web Server to start, you can't edit this. But try this work around.

Edit the config.xml (the one named in point 1 in my previous message)

Find the section  <Web><Folders>

In here you should see a number of <Folder> sections.

Make sure none of these has the <Name>QLIKVIEW</Name>

Add a new folder like this (default value in my example):

<Folder>
        <Name>QLIKVIEW</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web</Path>
      </Folder>

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Steve

Can you please get back to me with what the values of these two settings and I might help you get it up and running?

1. LogoutAddess - it's in the config.xml file (normally located under ..\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer). Section Config\Authentication.
  2. Root folder QLIKVIEW - In QMC, go to tab System/Setup. Select QlikView Web Servers instance. Tab Web. "Root folders" at the bottom. If this one is missing, then that might be the reason
Not applicable

I do believe it's the QLIKVIEW root folder that is missing. Since you can't get Web Server to start, you can't edit this. But try this work around.

Edit the config.xml (the one named in point 1 in my previous message)

Find the section  <Web><Folders>

In here you should see a number of <Folder> sections.

Make sure none of these has the <Name>QLIKVIEW</Name>

Add a new folder like this (default value in my example):

<Folder>
        <Name>QLIKVIEW</Name>
      </Folder>

Not applicable

Hi Steve

Can you also please tell me which version did you upgrade from and if you are using IIS or not. This will help us in testing for future releases.

stevegimbrollmt
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@magnus ok looking for the value and post them i a bit. thanks

stevegimbrollmt
Creator II
Creator II
Author

<Authentication>

<AuthenticationLevel>Login</AuthenticationLevel>

<LoginAddress>/qlikview/login.htm</LoginAddress>

<LogoutAddress>logout.htm</LogoutAddress>

<GetTicket url="/QvAjaxZfc/GetTicket.aspx" />

<GetWebTicket url="/QvAjaxZfc/GetWebTicket.aspx" />

<HttpAuthentication url="https://_/scripts/GetTicket.asp" scheme="Basic" />

<HttpAuthentication url="/QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx" scheme="Ntlm" />

</Authentication>

Im going through the other steps but the above is the config code you asked me to check also the version before was

I have upgraded from SR7

I have added this line as you said and it worked!

<Folder>

<Name>QLIKVIEW</Name>

</Folder>

Why is this? would I be able to move those files to another Drive?

Thanks a lot for  your help

Not applicable

Thats great news that you got it up and running.

The reason why you need the folder named QLIKVIEW is that from SR9 we handled a previous issue related to the Logout handling. While doing this we introduced this unwanted side effect that you have experienced. We will modify the code so this will not be the case in the future (most likely from SR11). We are constantly improving our internal testing but sometimes these things slip through. I hope your ok with the work around for now.

You are free to move the files under 'C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web'  to another location. What you then need is to modify the value in 'Path' (this can be done in the QMC). But for now we do need a Folder named QLIKVIEW.

Best of luck

stevegimbrollmt
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Brilliant! thanks a lot