Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to give access to external users ?

Hello everyone,

Currently, we have small business edition server (no Publisher).

We would like some external users (not in the network) to be able to access some applications from anywhere (through internet).

I already looked for it a few month ago and the only solution I came with was to create a public IP to the webserver and create an AD account to those users so I can allocate them a CAL.

For security reason, the network admin of my company doesn't want to create a public IP.

Now, we really need to give access from outside the network and we are ready to invest in new products if we have to.

What can we need ? I have read about Qlikview Extranet server, could this be a way to do it ? Is there a way to do it maybe with Qlikview Enterprise edition server ? (but still, we won't create a public IP to the webserver).

Thank you for your help

7 Replies
jujucts
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Laura,

as far as I know, SBE can authentify only Windows NTFS users (so part of the company)

With EE you may use the QlikView DMS authentication. So it might be (to verify) open to external

Extranet Server is a potential to open to external users as well as

QlikView IAS runs in anonymous mode, must be publically accessible without authentication

Best regards

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for answer juju

So we will at least to upgrade to EE.

About Qlikview IAS, I am not sure it could be a solution because some people must be able to access the applications from anywhere but there must be security so not anyone can access and I also would like to be able to personalized the content with section access according to who is logged on the application.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The only way to do this would be setup the users in your AD and have them VPN into your network.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Installing something on the devices such as VPN is excluded

But as I said, we are ready to pay for new product or upgrading. We just dont which ones.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Upgrading or new product will not help if IT will not open the server to a public IP. If you want external user to access the server it has to be done for Qlik or any other product.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Ok.

Thanks for your answer Bill.

Not applicable
Author

I have also read about Web ticketing SSO. Does it also require to have a public IP ? (Because, there is a AccessPont Website and a AccessPont Service, (i don't really understand all but i'm asking in case))

webticketing.png