Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggregation Qlikview 9 vs 8.5

Hi,
We have application developed in 8.5 and which has expressions using aggr function and It worked fine in 8.5 but when I moved application to Qlikview 9 server and tried to open application crashes or object take like 30 mins to comeback .
I tried opening other application which don't use aggr function on qlikview 9 and they work fine.
I thought performance of application in qlikview 9 would be faster than 8.5 but the objects are not even showing up in qlikview 9 .Not sure what is going on.Need help
sample expression: sum(aggr(TOT_PTNT_CNT,CYM,%_link_Study_GID,[Regimen #],RGMN_GRP_LBL,%_link_Patient_Age,Gender,[%_link_CD_Code],[Diagnosis Combo Desc],[Payment Type],
%_link_SpecialtyGroup_Code))
Our data is coming at one level so in order to report at different level we need to aggregate .We have these expressions in 'line charts' and pivot tables and all objects.
Application size: 6,857 KB
Fact Rows: 1958596
Please let me know if some one is experiencing the same problem or if you think I missing something.
Thanks
priya
19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Neil

One more thing.

If I move this crazy formula into the Expressions list it works fine, table calculates really well and really fast, so I am assuming that the formula itself is now working ok, the problem with this implementation is that I cannot now have the Expand/Collapse functionality.

Cheers,

Not applicable
Author

And Finally......

If I move this document onto a 64 Bit Machine with 2 Cores and 8GB Ram, it works, slowly, but it works.

All this has proved though is that we can certainly not use it in production, so either the table functionality has to be removed or we don't go to V9, either of which is not a great option for us.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your reply,

If I aggregate with one or two dimensions it works fine.But my requirment is to aggregate with more than one dimension and which is causing problems.

Not applicable
Author

Glad you now have the formula working, Is there any chance of aggregating the data in the script using range sum etc

Not applicable
Author

I have an example written in 8.5, however this should be more efficient.

In Script:

LOAD * INLINE [
RANK
BOTTOM
ALL
];

create list box for RANK (only one value selected)

In Variables

vTB =IF(RANK = 'TOP' ,'', IF(RANK = 'BOTTOM','*-1',''))

replace kpi and dimensions to your kpi and dimensions

=IF(aggr(rank(sum($(vKPI))$(vTB)),@SalesCyclic)<=$(vRank),@SalesCyclic)

You can try it and benchmark it,

Regards,

Neil

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nigel,

I just requested qlikview for support.I am thinking AGGR is problem in 9.Not sure what to do.Brain storming

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Qliktech have just "last 20 minutes" come back to me with the following email, so you might go ahead and mention this to them to see if they think it could be applied to your problem, I haven't had a chance to test this yet but will do so in the next 24 hours.

[[Edited: Anyone needing assistance with patches should contact QlikView Support.]]

Not applicable
Author

Great Thanks for information.

Please help me understand

I am now on VERSION 9.00.7469.8 SR4 64 Bit Edfition (X64)

Can you please tell if this patch is something new and has to be applied on the one I am using.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Yes, this patch is completely new and should be applied to your version, I still haven't done any testing on this yet so you need to be sure to test it thoroughly before moving it into a production environment.

Cheers,

Not applicable
Author

I have just upgraded my x64 Qlikview clients from v8.5 to v9, because I found a significant improvement of performance when utilizing the 'aggr' function in list box objects, and calculated dimensions in charts.

I was on 8.50.6231.5, and upgraded to 9.00.7502.8 SR5.

On v8.5, clearing all selections in one qlikview application which used these aggr functions took around 60 seconds. On the latest v9 build (7502), it takes around 10 seconds!

Priyadarshini, please let us know how you get on with the latest v9 build. For me, the improvement is very impressive.