Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Schedule reload failure

We have reloads that are scheduled to run at around 06:30 and they keep failing. When we run them manually a few hours later they are successful. Any ideas on what could be causing the problem? Details bellow:
Environment
QlikView Server is on version 11.20, Windows Server 2012 R2
Database server is running SQL Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2
  From the document log (Build_Sales_Baseline.qvw.log)
29/01/2015 06:34:04: 0611  SQL SELECT * FROM AquaDW.dbo.FactAccountsRebates WHERE LastUpdated >= '1900-01-01'
29/01/2015 06:34:04:       Error: ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionRead (Error SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS()).]General network error. Check your network documentation.
29/01/2015 06:34:04:       General Script Error
29/01/2015 06:34:04:       Execution Failed
From the QlikView Windows Event Viewer
The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=D:\QlikView\Documents\Live\DataMart\Build_Sales_Baseline.qvw.

The task "DataMart/Build_Sales_Baseline.qvw" failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=D:\QlikView\Documents\Live\DataMart\Build_Sales_Baseline.qvw.

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult)

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

SQL server Windows Event Viewer and SQL Log File Viewer have no errors/warnings at the time of failures.
10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Check the file D:\QlikView\Documents\Live\DataMart\Build_Sales_Baseline.qvw.log  for errors. If that file does not exist open the document and enable the option Generate Logfile and save the file. Then reload the document again from the QMC and then check the log file.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

There is an error in the log file (as I mentioned in the first post). I have no idea what "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionRead (Error SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS()).]General network error." means.

From the document log (Build_Sales_Baseline.qvw.log)

29/01/2015 06:34:04: 0611  SQL SELECT * FROM AquaDW.dbo.FactAccountsRebates WHERE LastUpdated >= '1900-01-01'
29/01/2015 06:34:04:       Error: ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionRead (Error SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS()).]General network error. Check your network documentation.
29/01/2015 06:34:04:       General Script Error
29/01/2015 06:34:04:       Execution Failed
avinashelite

Hi Kelvin,

Their is some issue in the Qlikview script:

Go to>edit script> and use debug option and trace the issue.

this will get you know the exact issue.

Hope this helps you

Gysbert_Wassenaar

My apologies, I didn't read your post as thoroughly as I should have. Have you tried searching the internet for this error. Or perhaps your network administrator can assist in troubleshooting the issue. In any case the problem is not caused by Qlikview. Qlikview merely logs the error that the OLEDB driver for SQL Server returns.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

What problem do I edit the scrip in?

Not applicable
Author

I agree I think the error is related to our SQL server.

I've posted a similar question on Microsoft TechNet SQL server forum for some help. I'll let you know how I get on..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please let me know if you were able to resolve this issue

Error that I have in the Log:

Error: The task failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath= || at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult) || at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) || at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Reload task that i created in QMC is still failing.

When I debug in the 'Edit Script' of my qlikview document,Result is :'connected'.

Here's my connection info in qlikview document:

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=xxxx;Data Source=yyyyyy;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=zzzzzz;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False];

Colin-Albert

Who are you logged in as when you say "When I debug in the 'Edit Script' of my qlikview document,Result is :'connected'."

The scheduled reload will run as the user account that runs the QDS service (QlikView Distribution Service)

Does the service account have permission to access the database?

Can you login to the server using the service account, and then test if the reload works from QlikView Desktop?