Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Security dashboard

Hi everyone,

I'm new on QlikView and I didn't have my first formation yet. I tried to make a security for differents apps and I'm wondering if there is a way to split each apps for each group.

For example: I want that apps will be accessible for only one group and no for the others.

Until now, I saw QlikView Governance Dashboard who talk about profile and my first for this security is maybe there ?

Thanks

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi See this series of videos you will get clear understanding of security in qlikview.

QlikView Security Video Series (2 of 8): Simple Row-level Security via Section Access

maxgro
MVP
MVP

you need section access or qlikview publisher

for section access PFA

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

one layer of security will be there automatically if you use different types of licenses (we use Named_User_CALs and document_CALs)

=> The people with document_CALs can only see what you give them, and they cannot edit it anyway.

The problem is with people who have Named_User_CALs.

It also depends on the type of device your users will have to access Dashboards - if, like we have it here, they use their browser to do so and can't easily get the Client installed on their machines (they are administered centrally), then that is reasonably safe for the browser doesn't allow you anything much beyond looking and selecting - no editing the script, no saving, no creating new objects.

For more security, you can use SA, just like @Massimo Grossi said.