Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to hide and display a chart in qlikview using with button object?

hi ,

I am madhu.I created a listbox and barchart.I want to hide that chart using with button  like this If i select  button then that sales chart hide.again i select button then the sales chart  display.I do not know how to do this task. can you help to me? ple

Button

Capture1.PNG

thank you

Regards:

madhu

13 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

very easy: In the dialog (right-click), on the "presentation" tab there is an edit_field "visibility" (and a radiobutton). => If you tick the radiobutton "condition", then you can use the edit_field to enter a formula, e.g. you can query the value of a variable.

The easiest way is to define a binary variable "v_show" or such that can have the values +1 and -1, so you can use a button to just multiply this variable with -1 whenever you click it.

Use >> IF(v_show = 1) << as the visibility_condition for your chart => voila! You can switch it on and off using the button.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

Hi Madhu,

create a new variable (vShowHide for example).

Then add an action to the button to set the variable and a show/hide condition on the chart based on that variable.

See attached

hope that helps

Joe

Not applicable
Author

hello joesimmons.I can not see your thread because i am using qlikview personal edition. can you explain another way. thankyou.

in button object I use variable like this vshowchart and in  chart I wrote  layout in conditional box like this vshowchart='sales'

when i click that button displayed  sales chart.and again I click that button that sales chart did not hide .I want to hide and display sales chart using variable with button object. can you explain ples .

thank you

regards:

madhu

Not applicable
Author

hello data nibbler.

I can not see your thread because i am using qlikview personal edition. can you explain another way. thankyou.

in button object I use variable like this vshowchart and in  chart I wrote  layout in conditional box like this vshowchart='sales'

when i click that button displayed  sales chart.and again I click that button that sales chart did not hide .I want to hide and display sales chart using variable with button object. can you explain ples .

thank you

regards:

madhu

Not applicable
Author

showHide.png
Top of the pic is what you need to put as the action on your button, bottom half is what you need to put as your show condition in your chart.

Hope that helps

Joe

Not applicable
Author

thankyou simmons.I apllied  vshowhide variable instead of textobject like barchart layout tab.

thankyou

Not applicable
Author

thank you simmons its working

Not applicable
Author

no problem glad to help, if you can mark that as answered now that would be good cheers

Joe

Not applicable
Author

hello joe.I have another doubt. I created listbox with 4 regions.like this 1.east,2.west,3,south,4.north.and created a barchart.and my task is if i select east in listbox then display east barchart.and if I select west in listbox then display west chart.if I select both regions in listbox then display both charts at a time. I do not know how to do this task .can you help to me joe simmons.pls.

Thankyou,

Regards

madhu