Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 dimensions and 1 expression

Hi,

Can we have 3 dimensions and 1 expression in a pie chart?

7 Replies
reshmakala
Creator III
Creator III

No. Pie chart can show only 2 dimensions.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

from QlikView reference manual

A chart can display one or more dimensions. The upper limit depends on the actual chart type, the complexity

of the data and the available memory. Pie, line and scatter charts can display a maximum of two

dimensions, bar, block and grid charts three. Radar charts can only display a single dimension, and gauge

charts use no dimensions at all. A funnel chart typically has one to three dimensions. Further dimensions are

ignored.

Not applicable
Author

I believe, you can use Grid Chart with Style of Pie.

jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Can you describe how it shout look like and which interaction you need in the chart object?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I need a pie chart showing the Territories at center,then the Products in each territory and then the year. The measure would be sum(Sales).

jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can overlay two charts. But you have only at the places a popup for the secont chart where the first not overlay and the sorting is not that easy. In the pic you see that the second chart has not the correct sort. But if you create a calculation it coud be possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonas,

Its really helpful. I will try to sort it by calculated condition.