cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with Document CALs and Named CALs

Hi all,

We have strange issue, we are on version QV Server 11 and we have about 20 Named cals and 100 Doc cals

we used 15 used Named CALs  and 90 Document Cals  for a single qvw

and for some reason we found that 5 unused Named Cals are  being used by some users who assigned with document cals.

how this is possible ?

Is there any leak in license types that might have happened ? or are there any option that we might have checked which was causing this above phenomenon.

have anybody noticed this your environments and any suggestion would help

Thanks

Sri

8 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Named cals are user specific. So the admin must have assigned these users a named cal. So they are not unused. if you go in Setup --> Licences --> QVserver --> Assigned cals you should be able to verify that.

So it is not uncommon that they used both, if the used two different ways to open an application : IE plugin and Ajax for example.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply .. In this case i'm the Admin and i'm sure that I have not assigned those users Named Cals and

i'm in a impression that we have 5 Named cals unused but we recently found that all the named cals were used and

i'm just figuring out how this may have happened,I'm assuming that some user from Document Cals might have

occupied Named Cals . Is it actually possible ?

Regards

Sri1

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

no

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Has "Allow dynamic CAL assignment" been enabled in your QVS? See QMC->System->Licenses->QlikView Server->Client Access Licenses (CALs)->General, and the corresponding tab for Document CALs attached to your document.

BTW which version of QVS are you running (please be specific, there are quirte a few different releases of QV 11.xx)?

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

that cannot automatically make use of named cals

if I understood the case correctly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Dynamic Cal allocation Turned on

And version is QV 11.0 SR1

Ioannis Giakoumakis 

Even I felt that may not be case but I'm trying to investigate how this might have happened.

Regards

Sri1

Not applicable
Author

If you tick the Allow dynamic CAL assignment here, that would explain your problem,

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This is very old version of Qlik.

I suggest to go for upgrade to latest version.

Regards

ASHFAQ