Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expression in url link

Hello there

Dose any one know if it possible to add an expression to url link in qliksense ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is now possible with the standard table object in Qlik Sense. Just set the Representation property of the dimension column to URL. Below is a screen shot of the property drop down in the table properties and a sample table containing a calculated column displayed as a URL.

URL Option.png

tablewithlink.png

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Dan - thanks for your question, current this is not possible. However you might want to take a look at (possibly join) Qlik Branch - our open developer exchange. You might be able to find or establish a connection with someone that has created this, or could create something like this as an extension object.

I will also report this to our development team as a possible new feature.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Internal case QLIK-25481 - has been created for your reference.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

HI Dan,

Currently in Qlik Sense this is not a capability.  This would be possible using an extension. You may want to check on Qlik Branch to see if someone has already created something.

-Josh

Qlik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks for the answers , Josh do you know if there is any extension that support my case ?

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Dan,

Sorry I do not know off the top of my head.  New projects are constantly being added to Branch.

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dan,

Did you found a solution for this ?

I need something similar.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I am looking for this ability as well. We want to be able to drill down to a record within a Qlik Sense table visualization, which would then update a text box highlighting the record number as a link to the actual record within a separate system.

Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is now possible with the standard table object in Qlik Sense. Just set the Representation property of the dimension column to URL. Below is a screen shot of the property drop down in the table properties and a sample table containing a calculated column displayed as a URL.

URL Option.png

tablewithlink.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great , Thank you very much for the respond !