Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Understanding Port 4774 communication in the setup?

Hi there.

Could anyone please explain when or if the IE PlugIn at any time is using port 4774 (and not 4747) ? Thanks.

I thought that opening port 4747 was what was needed for the system to work for a PlugIn user, but some one wrote: "this requires ports 4747 and 4774 opened in both client and server both inbound and outbound".

Is it correct that port 4774 also must be opened (together with 4747), and what happens if it's not ? Will it then re-route to the slower solution through port 80 ?

3 Replies
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can find this in the Server Ref. Manual

QlikView Server

Overview

Executable

%ProgramFiles%\QlikView\Server\QVS.exe

Data

%ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

Listens to

QVP: 4747; QVP (tunneling): 4774; Broadcast: 14747; SNMP: 161

Uses/Controls

-

Used by

QDS, QMS, QVWS, QlikView Desktop/Internet Explorer plugin/OCX

I think 4747 is enaugh, how the tunnelprotocol differ from qvp i dont know. If you get no connection to the qvs it try to use the http tunnel from the webserver to reach the server endpoint. The time to connect over http is longer because it falls back after the server connection timed out. Ping and bandwich woud be better with direct qvp but this matters only if the ressources at the limit.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonas.

Thanks - I did read that, but it is still not clear to me, if 4774 must be opened even if 4747 already is opened.

As I understand the 4774 tunneling bit in the text, the PlugIn is not using 4774 unless it has to tunnel the session. And it only needs to tunnel the session when 4747 is not available. And therefor I guess that the answer is: that port 4774 is not demanded to be opened for the setup to work for a Plugin user if 4747 is opened.

So the question is: Is that correct?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

CapHF,

If all QlikView services are in the same computer, we only need to open outbound and inbound ports 4747 for Desktop licenses and Plugin, and port 80 for Ajax connections.

If not, this is the relation of QlikView Services and ports:

Service

Ports

QlikView Server

4747, 4774

QlikView Distribucion Service

QlikView Web Server

4750, 80

QlikView Management Service

4780, 4799

QlikView Directory Service Connector

4730, 4735