Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

share notes with specific people

hi everyone!

are there an way of to share note with specific people without to type the login and domain, just with name of person?

thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Domain part isn't necessary if you have only one DSC line, or if you don't have any naming conflicts between different domains. AD FullName values are accepted but they don't work.

However, you do have a good point. Some companies assign cryptic Windows ID's to users (like u230194zz). Since you cannot enter a local email or AD FullName value in this field either, how is anyone in a company like that going to be able to address coworkers? Learn by heart about a hundred user IDs? Use Excel to keep this list readily available?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Aren't you getting it like:

untitled.png

?

And if your emphasis on not typing domain, let me tell you - that depends on your security design in the application/environment.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for help.

yes, it's exactly that I want. Where can I to configure in the application to the user type just the name of the other user without domain?

thanks !

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi.

You need to type your user name that you want give access to.

Try with Domain\User

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Domain part isn't necessary if you have only one DSC line, or if you don't have any naming conflicts between different domains. AD FullName values are accepted but they don't work.

However, you do have a good point. Some companies assign cryptic Windows ID's to users (like u230194zz). Since you cannot enter a local email or AD FullName value in this field either, how is anyone in a company like that going to be able to address coworkers? Learn by heart about a hundred user IDs? Use Excel to keep this list readily available?