Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"No connection" error in Access Point

Hello everyone,

For each document I try to open on Access point, I get the error "No connection".

After reading some posts on this forum, I also realised the used memory on the webserver was quite high.  Unfortunately, I don't know which processes I can stop...

I also noticed than in QMC, I can see some documents are opened but there is no Active Users.. Maybe some users let their application opened in access point and so it consumes too much memory ? I don't know if this is related...

What can I do to lower the memory ?  Do I have to remove applications from Access Point ?

I have also tried to restart the Qlikview services but with no success...

Thank you for your help.

Have a good day

Laura

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Laura

please find attached method to estimate RAM

best regards

Chris

View solution in original post

19 Replies
avinashelite

Hi Laura,

Your QV server is down I think that's why your getting this error this will happen if some of the application are running for a long time and  have occupied lot of memory i.e RAM , please  identify those app and try to improve their reload time. This should do

Its noting

Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

Ok, I will try it.

But is this normal that task reloads on QV Server affect memory on webserver ?

I would like to understand how it is related.

Thank you

avinashelite

yes, its related .

see when a application start reloading it start fetching the data from DB and it start consuming the memory, if the data is more then the task will be running for more time and all the data will be get cached in the memory so memory has got occupied completely!!!! so if a user try to access any application from the same server then it won't has the memory to allocate for the particular instance so it gives this kind of error.

Check with your ADMIN team they will you more details.

Hope this helps you

Not applicable
Author

Applications are reloaded on server A  and webserver is on server B.

I noticed memory is high (but there is still some free memory) on server B.  On server A, there is still lot of free memory.

If I temporarily want to be able to access the application on Access Point, (let's say I don't have time to optimize applications), should I delete some ? but delete where ? the applications are not stored on the QVserver itself but on another one which is linked...

Moreover, I see in the QMC, Status> QVS Statistics then Open Documents, 3 documents... (but Sessions=0) and there is no active users... Does that mean these are open documents users had forgotten to close and so consume memory ?

Thank you again

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

I have also noticed an error in the event viewer of the webserver :

Failed to start Snmp listener. System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot

avinashelite

The message is related that Qlikview Server is not responding you... There are several reasons for that.

1- It may be a communication problem because of your server name or domain name.

2-There is a working set limit in Qlikview Server Performance options. If you load a lot of data to your document, then sometimes qlikview could not manage this working set limit because of windows limitations(Sometimes virtual machines can cause that). In that case qlikview server may not response you even if your ram is not loaded fully.

In your case if you get the message randomly, then it may be related this working set parameter. If you decreased it before try to increase it to %85-%90. If you still geting no connection message,

-Decrease the load of your doucments

or

-Increase the Ram Amount of your Server.

Hope this helps you

Not applicable
Author

Hi Laura

did you set up the licences ?

best regards

chris

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Avinash.

I have restarted the webserver and the memory got low again but I still get the "no connection" message

In the server performance, it was at %70-%90., I have tried to put it at 85% - 95% but still get the message...

Since the ram doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem, I guess the solutions you propose won't be usefull?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris,

What do you mean ?

I haven't change anything lately.