Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"No connection" error in Access Point

Hello everyone,

For each document I try to open on Access point, I get the error "No connection".

After reading some posts on this forum, I also realised the used memory on the webserver was quite high.  Unfortunately, I don't know which processes I can stop...

I also noticed than in QMC, I can see some documents are opened but there is no Active Users.. Maybe some users let their application opened in access point and so it consumes too much memory ? I don't know if this is related...

What can I do to lower the memory ?  Do I have to remove applications from Access Point ?

I have also tried to restart the Qlikview services but with no success...

Thank you for your help.

Have a good day

Laura

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Laura,

No connection means you can ping the QV Server.

Do the services are running?

Chris

Not applicable
Author

Chris,

Yes, I can ping the webserver from Qv server.

And yes, all the services are running and I restarted them all but no result

Laura

avinashelite

Please go through this treads , hope this helps you

Error "No connection" while opening doc in Access Point

Then it could happen that if some users are accessing the application and ram consumption go high and a certain period QlikView becomes unresponsive and you get no connection or session lost message.

Or there is probability that one single user open many sessions and it  cause in more ram consumption.

In this  case educate your end user to close application by clicking close button located on top right of your access-point when you open your application.

or can use this extension to kill session automatically.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2853

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Laura,

do you have the QlikView Web Server and the IIS Server running? Try changing the port used.

As a quick check, try changing the port IIS uses to 8080 and see if it helps. If it does, we would also recommend you to remove the one that you are not using.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kwok,

I don't know what "IIS" is. I am not sure I use that... I have Small Business Edition and no Publisher.

Qlikview webserver is running.  Where could I change the port ? (Sorry, I am not an expert about ports and all this )

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

To check if you have IIS installed, on your web server go to

Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs -> Click Add Remove Windows Components

Select "Application Server" and click on "Details" and see if the IIS box is checked.

Not applicable
Author

Hello everyone,

With the help of the support, I've decided to increase RAM. (We currently have 16Go).

but how can I estimate how much RAM do I need ? I know it depends on the number of applications, the amount of data loaded in each, the number of concurrent users  but clearly is there a way to calculate it according the amount af RAM used by an application when I open it for example ?

Thank you

Have a good day

Not applicable
Author

Hi Laura

please find attached method to estimate RAM

best regards

Chris

Not applicable
Author

Thank you

danm84306-2
Contributor
Contributor

Go the the Publisher Server (server with the QV services) and Stop/Start the QlikView Webserver Service. If that doesn't fix it Stop/Start the QlikView Server Service