Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to connect a DMZ Web server to an domain Qlikview Server (V9)

I saw this questions but no answer really.

Linking a web server to a QVS is quite easy , mainpulating the config.xml file. However, if the Web server is in the DMZ or simply not in the domain, the execution services will not be in the same domain. Therefore communication is not possible at the first sight.

did one of you already install this topology ? (I guess yes !).

How did you passed through the credential issue ?

Thanks in advanvce for your feedback !

Rgds,

Sébastien

6 Replies
ruthvikvn
Contributor II
Contributor II

Were you able to make it work?

-Ruthvik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruthvik, after tests with Qliktech it appears it is not possible for the time being to use a QWS on a domain linked with an internal QVS.

This is because the username and password given between both are not used for "admin purpose".

Therefore we are working on a 2 phases scenario:

First one is having the QWS on the same domain and use a reverse proxy which point to this QWS.

Second stage (to study) is to use a complete QVS and QWS on the DMZ. This will ensure that there is not any hole between DMZ and Lan.

In this second stage we will probably take the new Web licences provided by Qliktech.

I hope this answer your questions ?

Rgds,

Sébastien

ruthvikvn
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Sébastien,

Thanks for the reply. We are trying to implement QVS and QWS in DMZ . We are looking into options about loading data from Publisher which will be inside ( inner firewall) . Is there any API provided by Qliktech that can be used ? Can we use Webservices for this ? Do you have any suggestions ?

Thanks

Ruthvik

Not applicable
Author

I would make it the simpler possible.

If you plan to install QVS and QVWS into a DMZ. I would generate a maximum of QVD inside the LAN, then push the Qvds into the DMZ system.

DMZ Publisher should load and distribute applications based on its internal QVD files. The only flow between LAN and DMZ would be the push of QVD to the DMZ machine.

I hope this will help you ?

Rgds,

Sébastien

ruthvikvn
Contributor II
Contributor II

thanks for the quick reply.

We dont plan to have Publisher in DMZ . We would like to have Publisher on LAN so that it can be used for both internal publishing on intranet ( we have QVS and QWS on LAN ) as well as loading data from QVD built on Server in LAN into Server ( QVS and QWS) located in DMZ. ( basically we would be sharing one publisher for Servers in DMZ and on LAN )

Please Advice on how to have QVD located on LAN read from Server on DMZ since we dont want to have any QVD's in DMZ.

Thanks

- Ruthvik

Not applicable
Author

Forr the time being it is not possible to link a QWS on DMZ domain and QVS on LAN.

As I explained it is because there is no way to use Admin credentials between bith ( I discussed this issue with Qliktek). This is a bug but for the time being there is no correction.

So the only way to go (in your policy) is to use a REverse proxy that will translate all Http external requests to the Second Qws Server.

I hope my explanations are clear enough.

Rgds,

Sébastien