Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Visualization of Graph Data

Hi all,

I started to develop an extension for graph visualization based on the Graph Dracula Library, using Raphael: http://www.graphdracula.net

This seems to be an interesting topic. First of all, what is the best data representation of graph data in a relational QlikView world? Second, there are a lot of limitations using those JavaScript libs. I've tried some before (D3.js etc.) but Dracula seems to have the simplest interface for my use case.

What is your opinion?

- Ralf

GraphDracula01.png

GraphDracula02.png

Astrato.io Head of R&D
86 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Ralf, im using the Graph Dracula V2 extension and i would like to change the relation label font size. Is that possible?

Thank you!

rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Gabriel,

you can change font-size in property label-style in script.js line 143:

"label-style": { "font-size": 12 }

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Vinay,

I guess not. The website graphdracula.net says:

"The code is released under the MIT license, so commercial use is not a problem."

The extensions I created and published here (and on GitHub) are free of use as long as there is no special license file stating anything else.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ralf,

I need help with my extension cloudmade. Sorry to response in this msg, but i can't send a private msg for you.

So, my question is when drag and drop a cloudmade extension in a qv screen and select all var (lat,log, Measurement and API Key (aac19a54d98c7bbc44380c80c9bdf99d), i don't have the image of map but all the markers is in there.

see de image:

What kind of problems i have here?

It's about a cloudmade API?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Pedro Lopes

rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Pedro,

this API doesn't work anymore. You should switch to Leaflet or OpenLayers. I started to work on a new and similar extension implementing OpenLayers on top of OpenStreetMap but it's far away from being done. Do not have much spare time yet to finish..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

Hi All,

I'm very interested in visualizing network data. So this extension has provided the 1st steps in doing that - Thanks Ralf for that. I'm curious if there is way to adjust the nodes in such a that it uses the entire chart area. In the below screenshot you will notice all the whitespace. If the extensions is able to use the whitespace then the network as a whole is more readable. Can you let me know if such a functionality already exists in this extension? if no how can i make it available.

Thanks
V

rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi V,

I guess this issue is related to the two existing unconnected nodes that fill the upper left space. Usually it uses a filled circle / ellipse inside the available space (see first 3 screenshots in this thread). Could be possible to tweak around inside the Graph Dracula lib but this would be a profesional service I could offer..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

Hi Ralf

Thanks for the post, its been very helpfull. Is there any way that we could show the strength of the connections, for example the varying the size of the tooltips based on the number of conections?

Thanks

Peter

rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Peter,

could be possible. But it's part of a customizing with professional services.. For a real project I would choose the visualization library first related to the requirements and the given features. In the meantime I've build graph visualizations also with d3.js, sigma.js, graphviz and vis.js. Every lib has its strengths and weaks.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D