Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Methods in QMS API to create Custom users before assigning CALs

Hi,

I need to create Custom users (in DSC > Custom Directory) via an API.

I've looked throught the QMS API and I find the way to create Named CALs (or Document CALs) with existing Custom Users.

Is there a method in QMS API to create a custom user with his User Name, Full Name, Password, E-mail, and add him to an existing group ? (without updating the CustomDirectoryData.xml via a database)

Therefore i could create a CALs (named or document) for the user created.

Thanks for any reply,

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe you could use the qv user manager from the powertools - http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3059. If not I think it remains only the manually way ...

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to use the qv-user-manager tools but dms users had to be created before using the --add dms method.

My goal is to automate this process of creating users, using an external web page, without accessing the QMC.

Maybe i would rather use "Configurable ODBC"...

Amélie

marcus_sommer

I use a custom directory with currently about 150 user (start was 25 user and then it is grown) which are in nested user-groups and changes are quite rarely (users are related to functions and not personal) - therefore the effort for maintenance are small. But if you have more users and more changes a configurable odbc could be easier to handle it.

- Marcus