Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variables/Dates

Hello All,

I would like to create variables to reflect current year, previous 12 months (1 year ago), previous 24 months (2 years ago).

How would i write those variables to link with my data for each corresponding year? this would be a big help!

thanks for the help,

Parrish

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Parrish:

I have created Master Calendar and Variables to show current and previous years. Master calendar script would be more or less similar for any other app. Then you can create variables and use it calculate desired result. Attached is the qvw and hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Parrish,

I would suggest you to use the Master Calendar following the link mentioned below.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/48693

Not applicable
Author

i was under the impression that one could create a formula within a variable that had the capability to determine current year and past year. something like Variable = CurrentYear or Variable = CurrentYear - 1. i am just trying to verify the correct way to write this.

thanks,

Parrish

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Parrish:

I have created Master Calendar and Variables to show current and previous years. Master calendar script would be more or less similar for any other app. Then you can create variables and use it calculate desired result. Attached is the qvw and hope this helps you.