Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

change in accounting software how should i create qlikview report ?

Hi All

I hv use Qlik view for more then 5 yr For analyse my old accounting software data . Now my company plan to change the existing software from syspro to windows.

My question is :-

1. Should I keep all existing script and QV report. Just generate the raw data file 100% same as old raw data file. So that I can save a lot of my time on create all the report all over again.

It is a good idea ? Or I start from zero.

Hope some one can share with.

Paul

2 Replies
vikasmahajan

I am Sharing My Experience while migrating Navision version 5 to NAV13  we have find gaps how to improve the performance of existing qvw. I Feel that if existing application is satisfying your needs of business then try to change those area where you need some improvements instead of starting with ZERO.

We are getting comfort with migrated Navision and reports.

Hope this will give some insights.

Good Luck

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Thank you for your sharing.

so far I am happy with Qlik View report which I created 5 year ago. And I don't see any gap when I chang the accounting software to Microsoft accounting package.

By the way did you generate all raw data file with your new account system and use back all QVW script ?

My issue is the pass effort I have put in is a lot . And I don't think I can duplicate it again from ZERO. that I'd the main reasons I think it is better to fix the raw data format For my new account system so I can use back all QV report.

Paul