Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Qlik server upgrade guide for 1.0.2 suggest removing

The Qlik View upgrade guide recommends removing the 1.0.0 install before upgrading.

Question is , will it remove my reports that we've developed in 1.0.0?  Is there a way to keep those report files?

Thanks

Keith

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Keith,

The apps and repository data located under C:\ProgramData\Qlik is kept after uninstalling the previous version, and you can use them after installing 1.0.2.(The installer notifies "A Repository database was detected".) Please be sure that it is recommended to back up the Qlik Sense site by following the procedure explained in the following URL if you perform upgrade in the production environment.

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/online/Subsystems/Server_deployment_and_configuration/Content/Qlik...

Masaki

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Keith,

The apps and repository data located under C:\ProgramData\Qlik is kept after uninstalling the previous version, and you can use them after installing 1.0.2.(The installer notifies "A Repository database was detected".) Please be sure that it is recommended to back up the Qlik Sense site by following the procedure explained in the following URL if you perform upgrade in the production environment.

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/online/Subsystems/Server_deployment_and_configuration/Content/Qlik...

Masaki

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Keith,

I've been looking through section 5 "Upgrading Qlik Sense" in the Installation Guide for Qlik Sense 1.0.2 and I cannot find where it states that you need to completely uninstall before upgrading. I might have missed it, if so can you point me to the page where you read this?

This used to be the case in previous versions, but shouldn't be necessary in 1.0.2 afak. Although, making a backup is always a good recommendation. Especially in production environments.

Best,

Bjorn

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks  Bjorn and Masaki for your help on this one.

I got the note from the Qlik Sense Release Notes 102.

Just a little new to this program and didn’t want to lose all the work we’ve done on our reports.

Qlik Sense

Upgrading to Qlik Sense 1.0.2

When upgrading to Qlik Sense version 1.0.2 from Qlik Sense version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1, services installed with user credentials may change to Local System; and a rim node may be converted to a Central node.

To avoid this problem, please uninstall your previous version of Qlik Sense and then perform a new installation of Qlik Sense 1.0.2.