Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Firebug

Hi I am new to Qlikview and I would really appreciate some basic introduction as to how I can load in the firebug extensions and use to amend CSS/JS properties in Qlikview. Also if someone could please provide an overview of how Qlikview extensions work I would be much obliged. 
Thank you,

Tim

9 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Tim,

install the extension via double click on the LoadFirebug.qar file. You can load the Firebug document extension then into a QlikView app (QVW) via menu Document Properties/Extensions. It will be visible in WebView mode at the buttom of the sheet. Sometimes it doesn't show up the first time so press F5 to refresh.

Btw. I will hold an 2.5 hrs online training "Introduction to QlikView 11 extensions" with a lot of code examples (also theory ;-)) at the QlikOn training center on September 18th. You will find more in their website soon...

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Ralf, I'll  be sure to look into that. I can load the extension now but I can't actually amend the code even with my own authored dashboards. Is there something I am missing?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

What do you mean with "amend the code"? You cannot change the code of standard UI components..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Yes but i can't even input any code

Not applicable
Author

I ran the load firebug qar but can't see how to start it. I'm using the personal edition desktop version with webview on. What am I missing please...

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Go to Document properties/Extensions and assign LoadFirebug. Additionally, you will need an internet connection since because it will load code and resource files online.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Sorry Ralf... in QlickView? What point do I start from... obviously there's no Document menue.  Sorry, I'm really new to QV.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

You will find it under Settings...

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Found it! Thanks.