Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Solution : Sheet Level Trigger Not Working in AJAX

Friends,

Since Couple of days I am trying to migrate my dashboard from IE Plugin Mode to AJAX Mode. This comes with bad news that Sheet Level triggers don't run in AJAX Mode. Neither Activate Sheet nor Leave Sheet Trigger. We always heard that VBScript Macro don't work but a JSCript Macro will work.

So we search for one but we don't find any working example for JScript Macro.

So we come up with another way to solve this and now our dashboard is working in AJAX Mode.

1. Create a Hidden Button on the sheet where you are executing triggers / macros.

2. In Macro Editor, choose JScript mode and write one function to press this button, this button in return will execute the triggers.

function presshiddenbutton()

{

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("hidden_button").Press();

}

4. This macro can be useful when you have hidden tab row and navigating to tabs from some button or list box selection.

5. You may need to create simmilar JScript Macro for each sheet.

6. Sheet Leave trigger can be handeledby a hidden button concept but you may need to tell QlikView which macro to execute. Use a variable.

Hope that helps.

Regards, !

Shubhasheesh

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you post your solution?

Thanks

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Shubhasheesh,

that sounds really good.

We hit that wall a long time ago. The way we worked around this ever since was simply to instead put all the triggers needed on any one sheet on the navigation_button used to access that sheet (on every sheet of our apps, there is a "navigation_bar" on the left with a nr. of buttons, one for every sheet.

This solution sounds very elegant, though. I'll give it a try.

Best regards,

DataNibbler