Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List box multiple default selections and Clear All

Qlikviewers,

Let's say I have a list box with the following metrics:

Percent of ABC

Percent of MNO

Percent of XYZ

And I have a button for "clear all"

When a user logs in, Percent of ABC and Percent of MNO should be selected by default. And when a user hits Clear All the selections should go. and then when the user logs in to the Dash he/she should see the same two defaults. How can we make this happen?

Best!

Akshay

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You could use Triggers and Actions to force these selection OnOpen, but these are sometimes flaky in the AJAX environment. I'd recommend to simply save the document with the two selections made, and that should always be the default when a user opens the document.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

www.masterssummit.com - take your QlikView skills to the next level!

Not applicable
Author

Hey Oleg! Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it. It's definitely something I didn't know but when I am toggling between sheets those selections are automatically clearing. I would want the selections to be there on both the sheets until I click clear all.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

The selections should not clear when you move between sheets unless there is a sheet (de)activate trigger that is clearing selections, or a different alternate state set on the second sheet. Check sheet properties | triggers for the first, and look for alternate state settings in document properties | general | Alternate States...

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein