Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Add A Background to Qlik Sense

Hi,

is it possible to add a background image to a sheet in Qlik Sense, so that the other charts would be on top of it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

As the feature set is not complete I can't speak to any specifics as they most likely will change.

However as Qlik Sense is totally web based any kind of styling you could do in css would also be applicable in the product. Also the grid size that the product has right now is not set in stone, we could easily change it or allow users to change it themselves at some point without any major code changes.

Just for fun I added a xkcd comic as a background image for all of my bar charts in Sense by just editing the theme.css file for Qlik Sense Server.

Not really useful but I think you get where I am going... xkcdbar.PNG

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

No, that is currently not possible.

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that you want to use a image as a background to brand your application with logos and colors without having to use up space in the grid?

If that is the case then we are working on Themes for Qlik Sense that would allow you to customize it to your liking, benefit being that it will be consistent over your entire platform and not per app basis. As soon as that feature is ready to be released we will let the community know

If you want a preview, psst don't tell anyone , then while Qlik Sense Desktop is running open a web browser and browse to http://localhost:4848/hub

Open an app, go to a sheet and add /theme/highvis to the end if your url. Voila, magic!

rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Alexander for the answer.

Actually i tried the preview you told me about, it sounds really interesting. But don't worry no one will know .

Now, is there any plan to add the feature of making the layout of each sheet customizable separately?

Also, is there any plan to add the background image feature to all types of charts?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

As the feature set is not complete I can't speak to any specifics as they most likely will change.

However as Qlik Sense is totally web based any kind of styling you could do in css would also be applicable in the product. Also the grid size that the product has right now is not set in stone, we could easily change it or allow users to change it themselves at some point without any major code changes.

Just for fun I added a xkcd comic as a background image for all of my bar charts in Sense by just editing the theme.css file for Qlik Sense Server.

Not really useful but I think you get where I am going... xkcdbar.PNG

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Rodrigue - one possible work-around is you could take a snapshot of your chart and use that in data storytelling with an image. The "layer" concept exists in data storytelling and you could overlay your snapshot of the chart on top of an image. The chart would not be dynamic, but if you were doing something of this nature for some purpose - like a presentation, it might be reasonable.

Just food for thought.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Michael,

Actually, I am using the method you recommended in order to be able put the background.

Thank you!!!

Not applicable

I tried to copy and paste the highviz json theme to the QS server's ...\client\themes\sense\theme.json file, in the hopes that it would magically let me customize everything I want, but sadly even after restarting all services, clearing browser caches, etc, changes don't seem to take effect.  I take it the server does not use this json file in the current version?  Your sneak preview only works on QS desktop?

When will the ability to do this be available, ballpark?  I'll accept any temporary solution and don't mind if you break it in the next release. 

fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Alexander

where do you save the themes folder for desktop viewing?  it works GREAT on the server, but I can't get it working locally.

thanks

Frank

scotly-victor
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Mike,

My requirement is add same background color for all the sheets in qliksense in My project.

Is it possible to change or add color on sheet in qliksense?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Scotly, no not out of the box, but with the APIs and style sheets yes. This would require you to basically to create custom styles for your table object. You may want to investigate this thread More Qlik Sense Themes - but this may be more work than it is worth.

HTH

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik