Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arockiyaselvana
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Drill down sorting Problem

Hi All,

Please advice how can the below sorting problem in Drill down dimension in bar chart be resolved.

I have a drill down dimension (Year->Quarter->Month). For Year, it sorting correctly. But If I go to further Quarter level, it is showing in Different order. Please refer the below screen shot.

Sorting problem.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

try like:

Dual('Q'&Ceil(Month(TempDate)/3), Ceil(Month(TempDate)/3)) as Quarter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Arockiya,

I believe it is a reported bug: The drill-down dimension is sorted by loaded order. The workaround at the moment is to execute the following inline load first, and the Quarter dimension will be ordered as you expect.

Load * Inline [

Quarter

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

];

Regards,

Masaki

Anonymous
Not applicable

While creating Quarter in your calendar, use dual. So that your Q1 to Q4 will be attached to a number. Then sort numerically and you will get them in order.

arockiyaselvana
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot for the response. I am creating Quarter in my Main calender like below.

'Q'&Ceil(Month(TempDate)/3) as Quarter

Please advise how can I dual() here as I am new to Qlik sense. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arockiya.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

try like:

Dual('Q'&Ceil(Month(TempDate)/3), Ceil(Month(TempDate)/3)) as Quarter

Not applicable

I had the same problem, I fixed by sorting by number in each level of the Drill Down.