Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
munozdj1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

case sensitive load fields

Hi everybody,

I'm loading data from various qvd's from some predefined fields. The problem is when I try to load the field EVENTTYPE from a lot of qvd's at the same time, since in some of those it's called EVENTTYPE but in the others it's called EventType.

How can I tell the LOAD statement that those are, in fact, the same field?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The correct way to fix this is to make sure the field has the same name in all QVDs.
Otherwise, it makes sense to try something like this. Script runs ignoring errors:

SET ErrorMode=0

LOAD
ID,
EVENTTYPE
EVENTDESCRIPTION
FROM (path)\ *.qvd

followed by:

LOAD
ID,
EventType as EVENTTYPE
EVENTDESCRIPTION
FROM (path)\ *.qvd

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOAD
EventType as EVENTTYPE
FROM...

munozdj1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks for your fast answer, Michael. I think I didn't write that well...

What's happening is that I have a list of qvd's with data in the same folder, each named according to the day it was created. My intention is to load the data on all of them, including the field EventType, whith is in all of the qvd's . In some of those the field is called EVENTTYPE (all in upper case), but on others it's called EventType (capitalized). when I run the LOAD routine it identifies the field EVENTTYPE but not EventType, so it shows me a field not found error. My with is to load both fields in the same resulting field.

My code is:

LOAD
ID,
EVENTTYPE //The problem is here. In some files the field is EVENTTYPE while in others it's EventType
EVENTDESCRIPTION

FROM (path)\ *.qvd

Thanks again for your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

The correct way to fix this is to make sure the field has the same name in all QVDs.
Otherwise, it makes sense to try something like this. Script runs ignoring errors:

SET ErrorMode=0

LOAD
ID,
EVENTTYPE
EVENTDESCRIPTION
FROM (path)\ *.qvd

followed by:

LOAD
ID,
EventType as EVENTTYPE
EVENTDESCRIPTION
FROM (path)\ *.qvd

munozdj1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you very much, it worked like a charm!