Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Login.htm - Error message for wrong password/username

Hi all,

I'm having some issue with the login.htm page included in the server installation. We are currently using DMS with Custom Directory, so we need to use the login.htm as the login page. But, when the user key in the wrong username/password, there is no error message or prompt. Is it possible to add an error message to the login page? If yes, how?

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I don't really have an answer to your question, but I remember I had an issue with login.htm.

I was like you using DMS with Custom Directory, and I didn't manage to connect with my username and password.

I add the prefix CUSTOM\ to the username and then it worked.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chirstophe,

Yup... the user did key in the wrong username. But I want error message to be displayed when the wrong username is entered. Currently the login page will do nothing (not even refresh) when the user key in the wrong username. This make the user feels that the login page is not working instead of knowing that they typed in the wrong username/password.

Not applicable
Author

Maybe add a "Trouble login in please contact support....." line at the footer of login.htm ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi cjwhit,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I think an error message would be better because typing a wrong username/password is something that can be fixed by the user before contacting support. And of course if they can give support the error message (wrong username/password), then it would be easier to identify the cause of the problem.

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,
Somebody got the solution to this problem?...

Not applicable
Author

The problem is solved in QlikView 10.

Not applicable
Author

Ok

Thanks!