cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multi node problem

Hi All,

I have an app which shows a table.

When I want to access this app in multinode environment through the hub - it's just not working (when I clik on it just the "bubbles" appear on the screen and they are poping there forever). As soon as I removed the other node from QMC I was able to run the app through hub.

Has anybody experienced something like this before ? Any idea ?

Thanks

G

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hey,

I could manage to get it working. I just dropped the slave node, reinstalled Qlik Sense and add it again as a node to the central. Now it works. I ha a chat with the support and the answer was could be certificate issue.

At the moment is working.

Thanks for everyone the answers and the help.

Thanks,
G

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Gergo,

Make sure to added the slave node in the central node proxy under the load balacing nodes. Start>proxies> central node> advance > load balancing nodes > action>add> add the slave proxy.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gio,

Yeah. I have already done that. If I didn't do it, it would give an error about no engine is available (sorry can't quote it from the top of my head).
So I have added the slave node to the proxy to be load balanced but no joy... maybe some other idea?

Thanks,
Greg

Not applicable
Author

Also...

I can't access hub - same error, "engine is not available..." - if I don't add the central node to load balancing nodes. So central proxy has 2 nodes for load balancing: 1. Central Node and 2. Slave Node. Seems central can't communicate with the slave... Help, please, important task...

Thanks,

Greg

Giuseppe_Novello

Have you check the proxy logs for both servers? Central and Slave?

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I have checked.

The central says that it's trying to connect to the slave but access denied.

Slave has no errors in the log.

At the moment I'm trying to reinstall the stuff on a different server and see what's gonna be.

Giuseppe_Novello

Can you place the error message from the log? the "The central says that it's trying to connect to the slave but access denied." it really general, it could be a port issue, have you disable the firewall in the salve server?  When you added the salve node to the central node, did the Certification ticket code pop up and did you go to the salve server and follow the instructions from the pop-up?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

At the moment I can't post from the log as I'm reinstalling.

Yes, I could add the node with no problem. certificates were alright. I could se the slave node and 4 services running. Firewall was off... I just don't know...

Thanks,

G

Giuseppe_Novello

at this point, if you have a maintanance agreement with Qlik Support, I would open a support ticket.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gio

Yeah. I have already contacted with support and raised a case with them.

Thanks for your help

G