Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

User Cal - how do i see / amend who has access to QV?

User Cal - how do i see / amend who has access to QV?  we supposedly have 5 user cals in our contract, but try as i might, only 3 people seem to be able to open the docs in accesspoint?  how do i check / add someone to the user list?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

yes (if you have all QlikView service in one server),

use a browser

serverip:4780/QMC/default.htm

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi James,

you'll find this information in your QMC under the system, licenses tab, 'Assigned CALs'. There you will be able to see users with cal's assigned.

If you want exact control over who is allowed a cal, I would disable the 'allow dynamic CAL assignment' option. You are then able to assign as you require (from the assigned cals tab)

CALS.PNG

hope that helps

Joe

maxgro
MVP
MVP

in the QMC (QlikView Management Console)

System--> Licenses --> choose server on the left --> Client Access Licenses (CALs) --> Assigned CALs

you can add user (user icon) or remove

System--> Licenses --> choose server on the left --> Client Access Licenses (CALs) --> General

nformation about the named user CALs, document CALs, session CALs, and usage CALs is presented.

the users also need authorization to see the doc

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks guys, where exactly is the QMC (presumably Qlikview Management Console), is this on the qvs server?

Not applicable
Author

Depends on your setup but if you have a single server environment then yes it will be on that server. Accessible directly from the server or if you have the right QV admin rights for your user, from your own machine with something like the below link

http://[Yourserverhere]:4780/qmc/Default.htm

hope that helps

Joe

maxgro
MVP
MVP

yes (if you have all QlikView service in one server),

use a browser

serverip:4780/QMC/default.htm

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

we have Qlikview sitting on its own server and cannot find qmc anywhere.  that address didnt work either with the srv address?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ah that worked but everything looks a bit bare?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

brilliant guys, that worked a treat, worked it out in the end. i cant believe we were never shown this!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

just one final question, my name is on here but i am a developer and dont go through the net to view, if i removed myself from here and let someone else have a viewer licence, would this stop me from developing / seeing qlikview through my program?