Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

i've created an application in Qlik Sense Desktop, how do I put in my company's server?

Hello all,

I've got access to my Qlik Sense server, and have admin rights over it.    In my web portal, under my work, I have "Hello World".   

I've developed an app in Qlik Sense desktop on my workstation, and now I want to move it to the server.   Should be simple right? 

I don't see any way to do it.   Are their file paths I use?   

I'd appreciate any help - as I get started. 

Thank You,

David Fields

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please let me know if this works for you!

Import an App

You can import the app you previously created in Qlik Sense Desktop, straight from the client into Qlik Sense. To do this, do the following:

1. 1. In QMC, in the left pane select Apps
  2. 2. Select Import at the top right corner
  3. 3. Press Choose file and browse to the app you created before.
  4. 4. Press Import and wait for the app to be imported into Qlik Sense (the app will be uploaded to the qlikviewserver machine)

Publish an App

For end users to be able to access the app imported above, it must first be published:

1. 1. While still in the Apps section in QMC, make sure the imported app above is selected in the list (marked as green)
  2. 2. At the bottom, press Publish
  3. 3. Select the stream you want to publish in in the drop-down list
  4. 4. Press OK
  5. 5. In a browser go to https://qlikviewserver.domain.local/hub
  6. 6. Select the stream you previously chose in the left pane and verify that your published app is now available within the stream

The videos that go through this are:

Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console Introduction - Part 1

Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console - Streams - Part 2

Not applicable
Author

Thanks - I appreciate it, worked fine!

David Fields

479-549-7764

Not applicable
Author

That's great, David, very glad to hear it! If you are satisfied with the responses you've received please mark your question as answered, and helpful or correct answers as such. This helps us know that you have received a response and helps others in the future with similar questions find an answered thread.

Thanks!

scw
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you please mark the question as answered.