Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

user status changing to inactive

Hi

We have couple of users added from LDAP. Users status is changing to inactive after couple of days of not using it. Admin has to go personally to each user and change it to active. Is this normal behaviour or is there any setting to change so that it will not become inactive

Thanks

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I have found that my problem was the LDAP filter that probably was in the wrong format. I was passing the path to the OU where the users are , like this:

OU=SBSUsers, OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=MyDomain,DC=local

I removed the LDAP filter, Synced and all users (including some service accounts I wanted to filter) showed up in seconds!

What I should have, was a LDAP query to return users from a specific group, something like this:

Example 1: (memberOf=CN=QlikPowerUsers,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com) returns all users and their attributes who are

members of the QlikPowerUsers group.

Example 2: (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(cn=Joe*)) returns all users and their attributes whose name begins

with "Joe".

Example 3:

(|(memberOf=CN=QlikPowerUsers,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com)(memberOf=CN=QlikReadOnlyUsers,CN=Users,DC=exa

mple,DC=com)) returns all users and their attributes who are members of either QlikPowerUsers OR QlikReadOnlyUsers groups.

More info about this on this very useful document:

Qlik Sense Best Practice: User Directory Connectors

Hope this also solved your problem!

Best Regards,

Carlos Silva