Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II

Pause All Job Reloads on QV Server

Our company will be going through a large downtime each morning for the next three mornings (starting at 12AM) which will take various systems offline that we use to direct connect to, as well as use get nightly extracts from. Since these will not be available for our QlikView tasks to use for reloads, we would like to suspend reloads on ALL tasks until we can validate the data sources are correct and that our extracts have finished. Is there a way to suspend reloads on ALL tasks for ALL documents on our QlikView servers instead of having to manually disable reloads on every task? For our production servers we have a two server environment where one machine handles the QlikView Server and Settings Service and the other handles the Directory service connector, distribution service and the management service. Please advise on any way this can be done. My thoughts were to disable the distribution service on the second machine, but I do not want to do this without verifying this is an acceptable way to do so. Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Charles,

I could not think of any easier way than to stop the distribution service for that period. Individual tasks can be deactivated quite essily, but all together .. that is the best way I can think of and it certainly is acceptable - this is not a school_exam, there's no one monitoring what way you solve a problem.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

View solution in original post

4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Charles,

I could not think of any easier way than to stop the distribution service for that period. Individual tasks can be deactivated quite essily, but all together .. that is the best way I can think of and it certainly is acceptable - this is not a school_exam, there's no one monitoring what way you solve a problem.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Yes, stopping the Distribution service appears to be the best way to go..

Not applicable

Agreed, simplest way to do it. You will set some warnings and things so if you have a separate support team, maybe give them a heads up too

cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Very small team here so no worries there. Just wanted to get some separate thoughts on the matter.