Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Engine API - OpenDoc error 9003

Hi,

I am calling the OpenDoc API method and get the following response:

error:

Objectcode: 9003

parameter: "QVF header error (read)"

The app that I'm opening does exist, and I can access it without an issue through Sense.

This is a blocking issue, so help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Shane.

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you share more details and your code?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I open an app on a server installation, using the Engine API 'OpenDoc' method.

The app opens fine when I open it with Sense.

It's just a standard 'OpenDoc' method I'm using.  I would point you in the direction of the Help topic for it, but I'm currently getting a 404 for it! (you can see some search results for OpenDoc here: https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/developer/index.html#search-opendoc).

Do you know under what circumstances the 9003 error occurs?  The code works locally without a problem.

Regards,

Shane.

Not applicable
Author

Just think I knew what is wrong, do you use the name of the App as in the example? This does not work as you don't have qvf files on Qlik Sense Server. The name has to be the app ID (see  Obtaining an app id via the Qlik Sense hub)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

my code opens the app with the ID.

BUT - I have juts tried it again - and it works!

I have not changed any code at all!

Sounds like it must be a server/QVF issue of some kind.

Regards,

Shane.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shane,

do you set any other parameters when you call OpenDoc or do you only send the appid?

It could alse be some this that is corrupt with the app, how did you create it on which version did you create it and on which version are you opening it?

If the app is not found you should get 1003!

Best regards

Lars-Göran Book

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

with regard to this particular 'OpenDoc' call, I've only ever set the appid.  For the same Engine API code, there have been issues, and then, there haven't.  And then an issue.  And then not.  No code changes.

As for the app, I'm afraid I don't know specifically - I'm merely a consumer of it.  However, I'm trying to find out from people who manage it as to what is going on.

The error information I pasted in at the top is definitely what I'm getting back

The app is currently version 1.0.2, but the server will be upgraded to 1.1 in the coming days.

Thanks,

Shane.

Not applicable
Author

here is a screenshot of the websocket request/response... note that it is working at the moment, but who knows for how long.  I conclude that it's not a code issue, but if somebody could decipher the error message it'd be appreciated.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The problem can be related to authentication / security if you have no access rights to the application you will  get this error.

Best regards

Lars-Göran Book

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've just tried it (no code changes from me), and I get the error response like so:

I can access the app using Sense, but I notice that the 'data last loaded' time has been updated. Could it be that the issue is related to something going on there?

Thanks,

shane.