Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

section access field in reload section in QMC Task

Hi,

Can someone please tell me what is the user of this field. I have a section access implemented in a qlikview document and apparently, I can reload the document without putting anything in this field. Can someone please tell me when should I keep this empty and when should I put username password in this field?

Shah

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

if you are using NTNAME in section access then no need to fill here anything.

AND the account that runs the QlikView services is added as ADMIN in the section access table.

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Most likely cause is that the Qlikview document has section access applied and the publisher service account is not permitted access. If the access security is using NTNAME, make sure the publisher service is listed in the section access table. If the access security is via USERID/PASSWORD, then enable the Section Access checkbox and enter the USERID and password values in the QMC task.

Either the NTNAME or USERID must have ADMIN level access, not USER level access.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Syed,

QlikView Publisher assumes that the account running the QlikView services in Windows (check Run > services.msc) is included with full access in the section access table, therefore you don't need to add anything.

However, if you are not using NTNAME or you don't want to / can have the service account added, you need to manually specify the USERID, PASSWORD pair with admin permissions to be able to open and reload the document with all the data.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you are using section access in your application (USERID,PASSWORD).

then write down in this tab USERID,PASSWORD which has ADMIN right.

Regards

Vimlesh

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

AND the account that runs the QlikView services is added as ADMIN in the section access table.

Miguel