Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set analysis help - getting previous fiscal month using fiscal calendar

Hello,

I'm not really sure how to approach this problem, but I'm assuming set analysis is the way to go.

Basically for my report I need to compare:

current month sales, same month last year sales, previous month sales, previous month last year sales, example:

April 2010, April 2009, March 2010, March 2009

Only selection available for user is the store number, and monthname (April 2010, March 2010..).

I have to use fiscal calendar for this as some months have 4 fiscal weeks and some have 5 fiscal weeks (fiscal Feb 2010 has 5 weeks, this overlaps 2 regular months of Jan and Feb). Fiscal calendar is already loaded in the report, but I don't know how to create set analysis formulas to calculate the sales amount. I attached my qlikview application.

Thank you

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please see attached QVW, I hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your response Devang.

Solution you provided doesn't make use of the fiscal calendar. For example when you select Feb 2010 it should select 5 weeks accordingly to fiscal month of February 2010 (1/31/2010,2/7/2010,2/14/2010,2/21/2010,2/28/2010), , your solution selects only standard 4 weeks of February 2010.

Monthname selection needs to be based on fiscal calendar (month and year) and that's why Im having problem with this report

Not applicable
Author

I think it is based on your data load, While loading the data you will have to map that way. When I select Feb 2010 seprately, MonthName showing me is Jan 2010 and Feb 2010. I think your data should be in such a way that when you select Feb 2010 it should get that 5 fiscal week period. I our file there is no data load. I you provide that i think some one can help you.