Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview problem

Hello to everyone. Just to say hi and ask for problem I have.

Recently installed Qlikview and I had to make some report, to import from .xlsx file and everything was ok till I had to send it. I sent .xlsx and .qvw file, but the person I sent it is unable to see my report in .qvw file. He suggested to me to put relative path.... I tried and do that and check box Relative Paths, but when I move .xlsx file to another location my charts are blanc.

Does anyone has solution for this?

17 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Okay, so now we put that env.qs on a file server so all my different publisher nodes can use it, because face it: We need a heavy clustered environment to solve this .

The topic at hand is that we have a local client (maybe just a personal edition) in which someone new to QlikView just wants to load 1 XLS file and want to give that simple script to someone else. Lets not bother him with more technical stuff than needed.

So, to the OP:

Just put the XLS file and the QVW in the same folder and remove anything that looks like a path. Tell your friend / colleague to do the same; problem solved.

DataTable:

LOAD BI,

[Ime Prezime],

Adresa,

Grad

FROM GET.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Student);

Hope that solves your problem. If not, let us know what you run into and I am sure we can get you where you want to go.

May you live in interesting times!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In case remove env.qs

and put only:

$(Include=env.qs);

simple....

Of course I don't use Absolute Paths....

Not applicable
Author

I have to send this so that's why I have to use absolute path, and he specified to me that this 2 files must be in separate folders. This didn't help me because when I move .xlsx to another location charts are empty.

I use QlikView version 11.20.12742.0 SR10 x64

Thank you all for reply

mukesh24
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

can u please provide u r qvw file?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Situation is this:

QlikView needs to know where the file is, be it via a relative path or via an absolute path.

If QlikView can find the file there, it will load during the script.

IF you then move it to another location, it will again not work as the script cant find it in the location it expect is, so you will have to change the script to point it at the right location again.

So:

Both you, the developer, and the client need to put the files in the same folder OR have the same folder structure so your script works in both your and his situation.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

No need for that. He already supplied the code he uses in the script.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all. I understood and did that what you suggested to me.

Not applicable
Author

set a variable

SET vpath ='your file path\' ;

Directory;

LOAD BI,

[Ime Prezime],

Adresa,

Grad

FROM

$(vpath)GET.xlsx.

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Student);