Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change Date format in Pivot Table

Hi,

How can i change the date format in the pivot table?

Now it shows dd,mm.yyyy.

How can i change it to dd.mm.yyyy?

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

This is the basic Cleaning ETL process that we do at script level to maintain standard format througout the application. You must change the format in the script as suggested by my fellow mates.

Thanks,

Singh

timanshu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Angad,

Yes you are absolutely right. But depending on the situation, if anyone requires to show multiple date formats for a Date Field with in a application.And that too change frequently, then It's good to specify format at front end.

Example is As @Marius's requirement shows that he wants to show Dato (a date field) into different formats into a single chart.

Even, we can do this by defining more than one formats by assigning different name for same date field at script level.But again if the format requirement changes frequently, then I think we should do it on front end.

Don't you think so?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Test file?

a copy of the qvw?
The file is on over 700 mb and contains over 300 million rows...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Date(Dato,'DD.MM.YYYY') Worked, Thanks !

Not applicable
Author

Indeed, you are right. If situation demands then we have to make adhoc changes. May be I did not come across any such scenario in which Date format gets changed that frequent.

Happy that Marius got his answer from the community.