Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Open a word or excel file in Qlikview Access point nd

Hello Every one,

I need to add a button on a dashboard so that when some one clicks on it. It should open a word document.

So finally I created a button and in its properties-> Actions .. I gave the path of the excel file that I wanted to open if some who clicks the button and I achieved this.

But I need to open the same document in Access point when some user clicks the button. How may I achieve that. could some please help me on  this

I tried giving static path of the server in the Properties-->Actions of the button...but it didn't help. Please check the example that I achieved.

Thanks in advance

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Andre

Did you find a solution?

Having a similar problem here.

Thanks,

Brian

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Yes Brian, I've found the solution with a BIG help of bbt.

I dont' know what's your QVS setup but I'll try to explain the steps I've followed.

-I've pasted the file I want to open in the "live directory" (the same as your QVW files);

-In QMC > System > Qlikview Web servers create a new root folder with the path to the "live directory"

-In my case I created a text box to open the pdf file, with the action set to "Open URL" and the URL field like this

='http://qvs_ip_address/name of folder created in step 2/name of the file.pdf'

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

hi,

thanks alot

it is very useful

best regards

hamide