Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Authorization IP / User access

Hello everyone,

Nowadays, inside my company, people can connect to Qlikview through a private IP address only available on the company network (it means that if you are outside/at home, you can't connect to it).

However, I do also have another public IP address where we can connect to Qlikview from everywhere.

I would like to know if it is possible to allow some of my users to connect through this public IP address, and, more importantly, forbid the others to be able to connect to it.

My configuration :

• 1 Qlikview server using IIS as a webserver
  • Qlikview users are directly declared on the Qlikview server (~100 users)
  • We use the default login page / NTLM type of authentification

Thanks a lot !

Damien

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

For users connecting to the public IP, you will need a login page for sure (no SSO for visitors on the internet). You can rewrite the code for that login page to allow only those users that are present in a custom configuration file or a database table.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You can do that with IIS. I did a quick search and found this https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730889.aspx

I am sure there are other sites that will show you how to do this.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.