Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to open the document

Hi,

I have implemented the section access in my qlikview document. The Qlikview server account is already part of the users table in section access and is admin. When I reload the document, the qlikview service account is able to open the document

In the QMC distribute tab of the task, I have selected all users. When I reload the document and try to access it on web,  I get an error message that Failed to open the document. You dont have access to this document

I have also added the AD usergroup to the security of the document. Can someone please guide me how to fix this

Shah

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You are facing 'Failed to open' means user is not authorized for this app.

can you send your section access code.

Regards

Vimlesh

Not applicable
Author

Tthe same user is able to open the same document using Qlikview client. Only not able to view it using web. I believe that if it was section access problem, the user will not be able to access it at all whether using Qlikview client or web/accesspoint

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Use process of elimination, comment out the section access script, reload the qvw. Redistribute and get the user to try again. That way you know if it's section access.

Not applicable
Author

Yes. it's section access in the sense that all non section access documents can be viewed on web. However there is a problem. The users that are trying to view this section access implemented document on web can open it using qlikview desktop client. However, they are not able to view it using access point. So If they can access it using Qlikview client, why not web. Below is what I have tried

1) Qlikveiw service account is part of the section access table and is able to open the document and is admin in section access

2) In QMC task properties--> distribute option, I have selected all users

3) I have added the AD group all users to the security of the document

What else am I messing so that users are able to view the document on web

Shah

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Syed,

Go into Document Properties > Opening Tab, ensure that 'Initial Data Reduction on Section Access' and 'Strict Exclusion and both unticked. Re distribute etc and try again.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes, removing section access solves it but I want to do it with section access. The problem is that I can view it fine on Qlikview client but not on web. If my user was not in the section access user able, then I would not be able to access the file at all

The problem is that on the same machine, using my AD user, If I open the file on Qlikview client, it opens. If I open it on web, I get an access issue. I can view other non section access files fine

Any idea how to fix this?

Shah

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Would recommend checking out the Design Blog posts regarding Section Access: Qlik Design Blog

I do not understand your use case here in that you are setting All Users on Distribution, but you are using Section Access as well, this combination does not make sense, as All Users means anyone has access, and You Section Access table then must contain a record for every user in that case in order for things to work properly.

Regards,

Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Not applicable
Author

You are right. I am distributing to all users to make sure that section access is the only security checking the user access. Because I am getting this access issue, I am debugging it and have disabled other things that might block my access. Eventually I will change it back to a certain group of users once I resolve the section access issue

At the moment, my issue is that I have loaded my user into section access user table and I can view it using qlikview client but not web. I do have a named cal so I should be able to open all documents. I can open all other documents that do not have section access