Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Vertical Data Text in Pivot Table

Hi,

can see the data in vertical for dimension like the image?

vertical.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

This isn't possible - the qv objects have no options to turn text or to have different font-types, font-sizes and so on in one single (sub)-object. But with an extension and CSS should it be possible - but maybe you could use instead the following as workaround:

fact:

Load * Inline [

Dimension, Value

Jon, 1

Bon, 2

Jovi, 3

];

verticalPrepare:

Load distinct Dimension, mid(Dimension, iterno(), 1) as vDimension, iterno() as IterNo

Resident fact while iterno() <= len(Dimension);

verticalFinal:

NoConcatenate Load Dimension, concat(vDimension, chr(10), IterNo) as vDimension

Resident verticalPrepare group by Dimension;

drop tables verticalPrepare;

- Marcus

View solution in original post

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

This isn't possible - the qv objects have no options to turn text or to have different font-types, font-sizes and so on in one single (sub)-object. But with an extension and CSS should it be possible - but maybe you could use instead the following as workaround:

fact:

Load * Inline [

Dimension, Value

Jon, 1

Bon, 2

Jovi, 3

];

verticalPrepare:

Load distinct Dimension, mid(Dimension, iterno(), 1) as vDimension, iterno() as IterNo

Resident fact while iterno() <= len(Dimension);

verticalFinal:

NoConcatenate Load Dimension, concat(vDimension, chr(10), IterNo) as vDimension

Resident verticalPrepare group by Dimension;

drop tables verticalPrepare;

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

very helpful workaround , I think it's possible to adapt at my project.

When you talk about an exstension, you're referring to a particularly one?

marcus_sommer

No, I don't know a particularly one. I know only that you could do such adjustments wit CSS. Maybe you could something adapt from here: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-7124 or from here: http://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=extension+chart

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for suggestion, but one more ... how can I make adjustments with CSS and without an exstensions?

marcus_sommer

My practical experience with html + css are not very deep and it's many years ago - so I suggest you searched global for such new css-features. And you will need an extension and using an AJAX client - what meant that the qv-gui is a "normal" website which could be customized with extensions and css.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all!!

KasperJeppesen1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @marcus_sommer 

Do you know if this solution or another solution can work, to change the tabs in a pivot tabel from horisontal to vertical? As standard, they are shown as horisontal. 

Thank you! 

Group 3.png

marcus_sommer

No, I'm not very familiar with Sense yet and therefore I don't know if there are ways to set it and/or to customize it with any kind of extension.

- Marcus